HOW TO APPLY TO THE RISCA ROSTER AS A TEACHING ARTIST:
Applications from artists wishing to join the Roster are accepted on or before April 1 and October 1 of each calendar year.
Artists seeking to apply for the roster will register and apply online at http://www.arts.ri.gov/ind-apply. Click on Artist Roster Application once registered.
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- Mastery of an artistic discipline
- Knowledge and expertise in sequential arts instruction
- Good communication skills
- Planning and organizational ability
- Understanding of PK-12 learners
Applicants are required to submit samples of their work to demonstrate mastery of their discipline, as well as examples of curriculum units they have developed. Please contact RISCA's Arts Education Program Assistant Lynne DeBeer with questions at email@example.com or at 401-222-1794 or (cell) 401-524-6504 for guidelines and forms.